Nepal – A wonderful travel destination
Are you planning for any holiday trip lately? If yes, then why not Nepal? Nepal is a wonderful travel destination to spend some quality time amidst the natural glory and cultural richness.When you look at the country thoroughly, Nepal is popular for two main attributes – mountains and Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, the […]
Are you planning for any holiday trip lately? If yes, then why not Nepal? Nepal is a wonderful travel destination to spend some quality time amidst the natural glory and cultural richness.When you look at the country thoroughly, Nepal is popular for two main attributes – mountains and Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, the founder of Buddhism. But as you go deeper, there are many things appreciable with Nepal. Mt. Everest – the highest mountain of the world lies in Nepal. Eight out of fourteen high mountains around the world are in Nepal. The deepest gorge - Kaligandaki gorge to highest pass of the world – Thorong La pass, Nepal is blessed with all. Besides these, the lush hills, forests, rivers, lakes, high passes, icefalls, etc. makes Nepal a rich country in terms of natural resources.
Apart from natural glories, Nepal is a wonderful travel destination is blessed with cultural diversity. Do you know? Nepal is regarded as a common garden of four castes and thirty-six sub castes. The total population of Nepal is divided into four main castes and thirty-six sub castes, each caste and sub castes with their own unique culture, custom, lifestyle, rituals, traditional attire, songs, dances, festivals and languages. These many people remain under a single umbrella of Nepal in harmony.
The historical aspect of Nepal is not to be forgotten. As you roam around the capital city of Kathmandu, you will notice some ancient and artistic palaces, temples and monuments. The wood crafts, metal crafts and stone crafts in those palaces and temples are simply awesome. The fine work of art and architecture in those palaces reflects the rich taste of Nepalese king in art and architecture. No wonder, many palaces and temples have been able to maintain their name in the charts of UNESCO listed world heritage sites.
So, if you are willing to travel to Nepal, here are some options with which you can spend a quality time in Nepal.
Trekking in Nepal
Nepal is a best place for trekking. There are thousands of mountains in different regions of Nepal. The mountains range from six thousand to eight thousands meters. There are different trails that takes you to different mountains around Nepal. These trail offers various options for trekking in Nepal. From simple and easy to moderate, difficult and strenuous, there are different categories of treks to cater your need for trekking in Nepal. Whichever trekking you choose, you are sure to cherish the wilderness of mountains. Everest Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit Trek, Langtang Trek, Ghorepani Poonhill Trek, Khopra Ridge Trek, Mardi Himal Trek, Langtang Valley Trek, Langtang Gosaikunda Trek, Manaslu Trek, Manaslu and Tsum valley Trek, etc. are some of the bestselling trekking packages in Nepal.
Cultural tours in Nepal
Cultural tours are those tours that are focused on cultural places where you can get some insights on people and their culture. Here, you get to know about some interesting facts that are prevalent in Nepal. You can know about unique Hindu and Buddhist culture. Similarly, the festivals, occasions and rituals of Nepal are different that the ones that you have observed in rest of the world. Kathmandu Sightseeing tour, Nepal Adventure Tour, Lumbini sightseeing tour, Kathmandu Lumbini Tour, Bhaktapur sightseeing tour, Patan sightseeing tour, etc are some of the examples of cultural tours in Nepal so that Nepal is a wonderful travel destination.
Nepal is a wonderful travel destination which is also a wonderful place for hiking activities. The lush hills, serene environment and wonderful views of mountains and sunrise/sunset from various vantage points makes Nepal an ideal place for hiking activities. Shivapuri Chisapani Nagarkot Hiking, Kakani Hiking, Dhulikhel Namo Buddha Hiking, etc. are some of the popular hiking trips in Nepal.
Being a Himalayan country, Nepal is a wonderful travel destination which is a number one choice for climbers and mountaineers. From easy, moderate, difficult to strenuous peaks, Nepal has it all. You have many options in Nepal when it comes to peak climbing and mountaineering. Mera peak climbing, Island peak climbing, Tharpu chuli peak climbing, Pisang peak climbing, etc. are some of the peak climbing options in Nepal
Last but not the least, the difficult topography and geographical condition of Nepal makes Nepal a best place for adventure activities like bungee jumping, paragliding, ultra-light flight, zip flyer,mountain flight, heli tour, jungle safari, rafting, canoeing, kayoing, rock climbing, etc. if you are interested in any one it, Nepal is an ideal place to try each of these adventure activities.
Some interesting facts about Nepal
- The history of Nepal dates back to more than 2500 years
- There are some interesting UNESCO listed heritage sites that dates back to 1400s
- Monarchy ruled Nepal until 2008
- Nepal was once an only Hindu kingdom around the world but now it’s a secular state. Still you will the find the dominance of Hindu and Buddhist religion in Nepal
- 80% of Nepal is still rural
- Though Nepal has developed, Nepal is still one of the least developed countries as per UN survey. One can notice drastic difference in city life and rural life of Nepal
- The infrastructures are poor in the rural areas making it difficult for an individual to access in rural Nepal
- Tourism is one of the greatest source of income of this nation
- Nepal has diversity and it’s quite fascinating. the people are divided into four castes and thirty six sub castes, each caste having their own unique culture, custom, tradition, festival, costumes, sons, dances, rituals and languages
Some useful facts if you are traveling to Nepal
- The currency of Nepal is Nepalese rupees (NPR). The notes are denominated as five, ten, twenty, fifty, hundred, five hundred and thousands. Coins of one rupees and two rupees are available.
- Kathmandu International airport is the only international airport in Nepal till date. It is the only entry point in Nepal via airways. However, you can enter through various ports if your are entering in Nepal via Indian border
- Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) are the best time to travel to Nepal
- Regarding drinking water, do not drink random water. Use mineral bottle or if you are using any other drinkable water, make sure that you use boiled water and water purifying tablets
- Regarding food, the daily course meal of Nepalese includes dal, bhat and tarkari (boiled rice, lentils and vegetables). There are many varieties when it comes to Newari dishes. Momos are the best item you have to try in Nepal
- Nepal has many options for accommodation. From budget hotels to luxurious hotel, you can select hotels as per your preference and travel budget. In the trekking trails, guesthouses are available. They are clean and comfortable but not so luxurious.
- Generally, buses and micros are the means of transport to those places connected with roadways. Travelling inside city area in not a problem as sufficient buses, micros and taxis are available.
- Trip to Nepal is budget friendly. It is cheap to travel inside Nepal.
- Landslides, floods, flight delays/ cancellation, etc. are some issues that you may encounter during travel.
- It is always recommended to travel with a guide.
Why Himal Eco Treks for traveling in Nepal?
Himal Eco Treks is a bunch of experienced professionals. With more than three-decade long experience in the field of travel and tourism, we are an expert. We are well adhered with dealing with customers around the world. We know about their taste, preference and lifestyle which makes it easy for us to understand clients. Even the clients find it comfortable with us. From food, accommodation, transport to other travel related services, we pride to say that our services are of exceptional quality. There is no match for the quality service that we provide. Also, with us, you are in the safe hands.
So, Visit Nepal in 2020 and make the Tourism year 2020 a huge success. Nepal and entire Himal Eco Treks is ready to welcome you wholeheartedly!
If you are looking for such kinds of trekking and tour in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan, Please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details you may visit Himal Eco Treks Pvt. Ltd.
You might also like :
Kailash – Lake Manasarovar Tour via Humla (Simikot) Limi valley – my experience in my words!
Namaste and warm greetings from Nepal !!! The condition of Nepal is gradually returning back to normal. Schools, colleges, restaurants, bars, and hotels are in operation throughout the country. Now,.....
Ganesh Himāl is a sub-range of the Himalayas located mostly in north-central Nepal, but some peaks lie on the border with Tibet. It measures up to 7,422 m from the.....
Kangchenjunga Base Camp Trek 2021 is one of the great Himalayan trails, which is situated in Nepal’s eastern border with India’s Sikkim. It is a trek far away from the.....